In this article, we will list down some of most common idioms about Personality in English with meaning.
Idioms about Personality
|1||Smart cookie||Somebody who has got a strong personality or who is quite smart.|
|2||Lamebrain||A foolish person, a slow thinker|
|3||Full of yourself||someone who is too pleased with themselves|
|4||Laid-back||A relaxed person who doesn’t get stressed or upset easily|
|5||Clock-watcher||Someone who has no interest in the current activity, and keeps watching the time|
|6||Daydreamer||Someone who is having dreamlike thoughts when they should be focusing on the present|
|7||Moaning Minnie||A person who complains a lot about insignificant things.|
|8||Bossyboots||Someone who likes to dominate other people and often tells them what to do|
|9||Have a screw loose||Someone who is slightly mad or eccentric|
|10||Creep||A nasty person, someone who is trying to impress higher authority|
|11||Skiver||Someone who is absent from school or work without a good reason|
|12||Scrooge||A miserable person who hates spending money.|
|13||Cool as a cucumber||Someone who doesn’t get upset, excited or anxious very easily.|
|14||Slave driver||Someone who makes other people work really hard|
|15||Golden boy||A winning person that everyone is fond of.|
|16||Larger than life||Someone who is more exciting or interesting than other people|
|17||Busybody||A person who expresses great interest in other people’s private lives|
|18||Big mouth||Someone who is not able to keep a secret|
|19||Eager beaver||Someone who’s always willing to do something.|
|20||Wimp||A weak person, someone who lacks confidence.|
|21||Early bird||A person who wakes up, arrives to work, etc. before the usual time|
|22||Down-to-earth||Someone who is practical and close to reality, who accepts other people as equals|
|23||Life and soul of the party||Someone who is energetic, and good fun during social occasions.|
|24||Dipstick||A person who seems to be stupid|
|25||Nerd||Someone who is very interested in science or technology, particularly in computers|
|26||Happy camper||A person who is always happy and satisfied. We often use ‘happy camper’ in the negative.|
|27||Cheapskate||A mean person who doesn’t like spending money|
|28||A party animal||Someone who likes to attend parties often|
|29||A people person||An outgoing person who gets along with people really well and is a good listener|
|30||Pain in the neck||An irritating, annoying person|
|31||Lone wolf||Someone who prefers his own company and does not like socialising.|
|32||Cold fish||Someone who has very little emotions, who is regarded as hard-hearted and unfeeling|
|33||Dark horse||Someone who has greater abilities than he shows or than other people are aware of|
|34||Rough diamond||Someone who seems impolite or is not well-educated, but who has a kind heart and good character.|
|35||Rolling stone||A person who moves from place to place, job to job, without staying anywhere long|
|36||Crank||A person whose behavior or way of life is regarded as strange.|
|37||Wet blanket||A person who ruins other people’s fun by staying pessimistic and complaining all the time.|
|38||Chatterbox||A person who talks a lot|
Also Read ==>>
- 25+ Idioms about Food in English with Meaning
- 25+ Idioms about Fun in English with Meaning
- Animals Start with B: 75+ Animal List, Definition & Example
Idioms about Personality Example
- Tom is enthusiastic and positive and he is a people person.
- He was always a cheapskate even though he was earning $200,000 a year.
- He’s finally got that promotion. He is a real happy camper.
- It was a great night, Jim was life and soul of the party.
- My Sister is the early bird in our family, she gets up at 5 o’clock in the morning.
- I always avoid confrontations, I am such a wimp.
- My boss is such a slave driver, I had to work two weekends in a row.
- My next-door neighbor is a real busybody.
- Our managing editor was a laid-back person but he’s recently begun snapping at the employees.
- Miller was always full of himself and liked to pick on his friends.
- My brother was a rolling stone until he met his wife.