Synonyms are words that have similar meanings, such as “magnificent” and “splendid.” English has a rich variety of synonyms that can be used to add flavor and variety to one’s writing. Famous synonyms are words that are used to describe famous people, events, and places.
These words can be used to give a more vivid and descriptive account of a person, place, or thing. For example, someone might call a popular musician “renowned” or “celebrated” instead of just saying “famous.”
Here are some of the most common famous synonyms:
- Acclaimed – Celebrated, honored, and highly praised.
- Brilliant – Intellectually superior and imaginative.
- Distinguished – Marked by excellence.
- Eminent – Outstanding or prominent in one’s field or profession.
- Excellent – Possessing outstanding quality or superior merit.
- Glorious – Magnificent, resplendent, and truly wonderful.
- Grand – Grandiose, majestic, and impressive.
- Great – Of superior quality and beyond comparison.
- Honored – Respected, admired, and treated with esteem.
- Illustrious – Well-known and highly regarded.
- Important – Of great significance and value.
- Influential – Having the power to shape opinion or behavior.
- Leading – An individual or organization that is at the forefront of their field.
- Memorable – Worthy of being remembered.
- Notable – Worthy of attention or notice.
- Outstanding – Extraordinary and standing out from the rest.
- Powerful – Having great power and influence.
- Preeminent – Outstanding and superior to others.
- Prominent – Highly visible and well-known.
- Remarkable – Notable and extraordinary.
- Renowned – Celebrated and widely known.
- Well-known – Widely known and recognized.
By using these synonyms, you can create more interesting and descriptive writing about famous people, places, and events.
Additionally, many of these words can be used to describe situations and objects that are not necessarily famous, but are important to the writer. Synonyms can help to add variety, flavor, and style to any writing.
What are Synonyms?
A word or phrase that has the same meaning as another word or phrase in the same language. And if you are looking for synonym for Famous, you’ve came to the right place. Here are the list of 20+ useful synonyms for famous.
Famous Synonym with Example
|1||Acknowledged||He was acknowledged as an able statesman.|
|2||Brilliant||She was a brilliant public speaker.|
|3||Celebrated||The city is celebrated for its beautiful scenery.|
|4||Extraordinary||He listened in disbelief to this extraordinary story.|
|5||Eminent||We are expecting the arrival of an eminent scientist.|
|6||Famed||A famed person and a fattened pig are alike in danger.|
|7||First-rate||His new book shows him to be a first-rate storyteller.|
|8||Formidable||She has a formidable list of qualifications.|
|9||Great||He showed great wisdom in the business.|
|10||Renowned||The French are renowned for their cooking.|
|11||Notorious||The city is notorious for its red light district and strip clubs.|
|12||Well-known||He’s well-known in the local community.|
|13||Prominent||She was prominent in the fashion industry.|
|14||Outstanding||It’s an area of outstanding natural beauty.|
|15||Popular||Mary is popular among the students.|
|16||Noteworthy||The bridge is noteworthy for its sheer size.|
|17||Illustrious||He enjoyed a long and illustrious career as a radio producer.|
|18||Honored||He will be always honored by the people.|
|19||Noble||He is a noble man, we all admire him.|
|20||Glorious||The evening was a lavish affair with glorious food and an endless supply of champagne.|
|21||Remarkable||She was a truly remarkable woman.|
|22||Notable||His achievement is very notable.|
|23||Significant||The move was regarded as significant in South Korea.|
|24||Reputable||We prefer to deal only with reputable companies.|
|25||Formidable||She has a formidable list of qualifications.|
|26||Legendary||He skills are legendary.|
Also Read ==>>
- Adjectives with B – 250+ Adjectives with Hindi Meaning
- Sports Balls Names – List of 20+ Sports Ball in Every Game
- Action Verbs: 100+ Useful Action Verbs with Hindi Meaning