English grammar is the set of structural rules of the English language. This includes the structure of words, phrases, clauses, sentences, and whole texts.
English Grammar in Use (Cambridge) Pdf Download
The book is in use by English language students, especially those from non-English-speaking countries, as a practice and reference book. Though the book was titled as a self-study reference, the publisher states that the book is also suitable for reinforcement work in the classroom.
There are three editions of the book (with answer key or without answer key or with answer key, eBook and audio). The book is divided into units, each unit has the lesson itself on the left page, while the right page contains exercises on that lesson. The book’s units are ordered according to the lesson simplicity, or starts with the basic topics and goes up to more advanced topics.
The author advises readers to flip over and find whichever topics they feel they need improvement on. A study guide is placed at the end of the book, which contains exercises that when solved reveal what topics student needs improvement on, and suggests the unit numbers the student should study; and thus the reader can figure out which units to study and which to omit.
About the Author Raymond Murphy
Raymond Murphy’s legendary titles are known and loved the world over, and have given literally millions of students the tools they need to tackle English grammar head-on. Raymond taught English as a foreign language for 17 years in Germany and the UK, but since 1988 has been a full-time writer of ELT materials.
About the Author Louise Hashemi
Louise Hashemi is the author of English Grammar in Use Supplementary Exercises (4.28 avg rating, 221 ratings, 9 reviews, published 1995), IELTS Trainer.
Table and Content in this Book
- Introducing yourself and others
- Expressing opinions, likes, and dislikes
- Describing people, places, and things
- Striking up a conversation
- Making dates and appointments
- Expressing wants and needs
- Making requests and offers
- Expressing doubts and uncertainty
- Talking about future events
- Making a case or arguing a point
- Narrating a story
- Retelling a conversation
- Talking about controversial issues
- Electronic conversation
Download Other Books ==>>
- Essential English Grammar Pdf Download | 300+ Pages
- Basic English Grammar for Dummies Pdf Download – 422 Pages
- Practice Makes Perfect English Conversation Pdf Donwload